Thursday, December 29, 2016

Wrapping Up and Moving On with @MeganSlayer #writing #thinking #debating


I've been thinking long and hard about what I wanted to write for this post. An end of the year wrap-up? Maybe a memorial for things lost this year? A plan for 2017? Lots comes to mind. 

In the last few days, a lot has happened. Christmas! Hanukkah! Let's not forget those. The time of joy and giving. Watching the wonder on the faces of those who received a gift--be it an actual item or an act of generosity. I'll cherish that. 

Now, I know. There has been some sadness. The passing of legends, almost legends and those we just plain love. Trust me. My heart breaks for them. I've loved Gene Wilder since the movie Willie Wonka scared the crap out of (I was convinced if I ate the chocolate, I'd end up in the TV, too...and yet I still ate the chocolate.) So many people. So many creative fires dying out. 

But there are always going to be new ones. New fires we don't even realize are there. Maybe you and I are the fires of tomorrow. Who knows.

I'm sad about the closing of a few of my publishers, too. I don't like to speak ill of the closed, but I can honestly say, I didn't have bad feelings towards those who closed or even bad experiences. Would I like to have the endings gone differently? Sure. Who wouldn't? But I can't say the experiences weren't without merit. Maybe that was me still eating that chocolate.

I saw the shuttering of a few businesses I never thought would (Borders, Fictionwise, ARe) and are now gone. Poof! Okay, so not all were lost in 2016, but you get the idea. This biz is nutsy. 

Back to the chocolate, but I'm not giving up on my love of writing. I don't know if I'll ever become that author who hits all of the lists and my book title is on the lips of every reader in the world. That doesn't mean I won't try. It doesn't mean I won't keep telling the stories I've been doing so for the last... golly, I've been writing since 2007 and published since 2009. I'm not one of the longer running authors in the biz, but that chocolate still sure tastes good. 
So what is my plan for the next year? To keep writing. I've got books in the pipeline with multiple houses and fun things planned for the year. I'm not quitting. Not by a long shot and not when I still love the chocolate. Maybe one day I will be shrunken and land on the TV. Maybe not. Either way, I'm still going to keep slogging it out with the boys from Cedarwood, the shifters in the Sanctuary, the Battle Scarred paranormals and my Seeing Me male models. Why not? I get to play with male models in the morning, argue with everyday guys in Cedarwood in the afternoon, then wrestle with lion shifters at night. Sounds like a good gig to me.

What about you? What are your plans for 2017? Anything special? You know where I'll be. Writing, reading and enjoying the ride.

Want something to warm up your winter? Try Reconnecting Christmas! Male models, a little angst and a happy ending (you didn't think I'd keep the happy ending to myself, did you? *G*)

Reconnecting Christmas 
By Megan SlayerM/M, Contemporary, Holiday, RomanceShort StoryFrom MLR Press 
Art by Winterheart Designs 


Oliver McNamara knows exactly what he wants for the holidays--his boyfriend to come home. He wants a nice, romantic Christmas with the man he loves. Will he get his perfect present or a lump of coal on the big day?

If Bert gets his way, this will be a holiday Oliver never forgets. But...being a world famous model means Bert doesn't always set his working hours and giving Oliver what he deserves could be impossible. Can he reconnect with the man he loves over the holidays?

Two hearts will always find a way to become one especially with a little Christmas cheer involved.  Available from MLR Press: http://www.mlrbooks.com/Bookstore.php?bookid=MSRECCHRAvailable now from Amazon:  https://www.amazon.com/Reconnecting-Christmas-Seeing-Me-Book-ebook/dp/B01N1ST25O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1483020198&sr=8-1&keywords=Reconnecting+Christmas+Megan+SlayerBarnes and Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/reconnecting-christmas-megan-slayer/1125312220?ean=2940157606893Kobo: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/reconnecting-christmas
http://wendizwaduk.com/indexMegan.htm
Megan Slayer - It's Always Fun to Squirm
Subscribe to our newsletter ~ http://ymlp.com/xgjmjumygmgj 

2 comments:

Maureen said...

I enjoyed the post! I'm still mulling over 2016 while hoping to wrap my mind around 2017 better. Seems like 2016 flew by and I didn't meet many of my neglected goals. I intend to plan better for next year. Happy New Year!

Diane Burton said...

Sorry I'm late commenting. Good post, Megan. I agree with Maureen about 2016 flying by. Some goals went by the wayside. I keep telling myself next year will be better. Happy New Year!