Monday, May 12, 2014

A Paranormal Drink....

Besides being a foodie, I also like to 'dabble' in mix-logy. Last summer my focus was on vodka martinis, this year I decided to experiment in the breezes/hurricanes. My first attempt was this weekend and I called it Pele because of the fruit combination.

In Hawaii mythology the goddess of fire is known as Pele. It is said the villagers would leave different fruits for the goddess. If the fruit wasn't sweet enough, ripe enough, or if enough wasn't offered, Pele would make the volcano's erupt.


Pele Breeze (fire wind)
1/3 cup of coconut vodka
1/3 cup of pineapple vodka
1/3 cup of mango vodka
1 1/2 cups of tropical fruit juice
ice
pineapple chunks for garnish

Mix all ingredients together in a blender except the pineapple chunks. Pulse until it has the consistence of a slush. Pour into glasses and enjoy :)


What are some of your favorite summer drinks?

No comments: