Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Winter Blah Busters


Regardless of where you live this year it seems Ole Man Winter visited in full force. I have had so many days of ‘polar vortex’ weather, I checked the backyard for polar bears before letting the dog out. I also know the day in and day out of this winter has taken it’s toll on many of us. So I thought I’d share one of my favorite winter busters that we have enjoyed throughout the years.
A Beware of the Ides of March party….

Have guest or family members dress up in Roman costumes.

Serve wine/grape juice with Roman snacks (figs, cheese, etc.)

For younger guest board games like Clue, 221 B Baker Street, or Mystery Mansion are ideal.

For an older crowd there are some great role-playing murder mystery games (here is on site to check out ~ http://www.mymysteryparty.com/adult.html?gclid=CL7UwLeni70CFYdFMgodvjIA2Q)

If game playing isn’t your thing watch the movie Ides of March with George Clooney or one of the movie versions of Julius Caesar

We have done this as an adult party and as a family event and enjoyed it both ways.
What are some of your favorite ways to beat the winter blahs?

No comments: