Saturday, January 11, 2014

New, New, New!

There's a lot of new going around for me. New year, new contract, new work-in-progress, and I'm newly ten pounds lighter! Lots of new books to read. Here's what I am reading or will be soon:

Born of Silence and Cloak and Silence by Sherrilyn Kenyon

To Catch Her Death by Boone Brux

The End of Everything by Megan Abbott (Not romance. This is "female noir," I've been told. I read a short story of hers in the new anthology Dangerous Women and needed to try her books. I've always wanted darker heroines and this might be good inspiration!)

I bought Dangerous Women in the first place because of a Game of Thrones novella. I'm going to start that series soon, too. Love me some high fantasy.

I also have a new release to share!


Accidents happen for a reason...
Journalist Ambrosia Pellerin accepts an assignment involving the legendary phoenix, expecting, if nothing else, a little entertainment. Instead, she winds up pregnant—by a surprisingly human-looking firebird, Reece Bennu.
As the Phoenix prince, Reece is next in line to the throne and expected to marry a purebred royal. A common human such as Ambrosia is not in the cards. He swears, though, he’ll never be an absentee father.
As Ambrosia’s due date grows closer, so do the soon-to-be parents. But will their tentative love survive the prejudice of Reece’s grandmother, who will stop at nothing to tear the two apart?


What nearly all reviewers say about my books: "Unique, interesting, surprising, imaginative."


No comments: