Sunday, April 28, 2013

Ghosts: Have YOU ever seen one?

Hello everyone! I've been thinking a lot about ghosts recently. I'm not sure why. It's not as if we're even close to Halloween.

Mostly, I've been wondering what ghosts look like. Have you ever seen one? Do you even believe in them?

I've seen one ghost in my life. I was laying on my bed, doing homework. My mom's cat, Endora was laying beside me. Then, all of a sudden, another cat ran into my room and under the bed. Both Endora and I jumped off the bed to look underneath. Nothing was there.

Now, we did have two other cats at the time. But, I swear, the cat that ran into my room was neither of them. It was very freaky, and an experience I will never forget.

Based on television and movies, there are all kinds of shapes that ghosts can take. But, I want to know what YOU think. Have you every seen a ghost? What did it look like?

I leave you with two scenes from a classic ghost movie:







Bio:

Jessica Subject is the author of contemporary and science fiction romance, ranging from sweet to erotica. In her stories, you could meet clones, or a sexy alien or two. You may even be transported to another planet for a romantic rendezvous.

When Jessica isn't reading, writing, or doing dreaded housework, she likes to get out and walk. Fast. But she just may slow down if there is a waterfall nearby.

Jessica lives in Ontario, Canada with her husband and two energetic children. And she loves to hear from her readers. You can find her at jessicasubject.com and on twitter @jsubject.

6 comments:

Melissa Keir said...

There have been times when I've seen a person in passing who was my dead grandmother, only to turn and there be no one there. Is it a ghost or my eyes playing tricks.. I like to believe. :)

Diane Burton said...

I was going to say I've never seen a ghost until you mentioned the cat. I was at a conference, staying in a room by myself. One night I woke up in total darkness, shaken because of a cat sitting on my chest. I bolted out of bed and, of course, there was no cat. Scared me half to death. I slept with the light on for the rest of the night. To this day, I can't sleep in total darkness. Just call me a scaredy cat.

Liza O'Connor said...

I definitely believe in ghosts, since I share my house with one. She was the original owner. Her brother built her my house. She died in the house. I'm not how or why. The old neighbor to one side told me the husband was not a nice man. What I do know is he left the house soon after she died. Sold it to a nice family of seven. (five little girls.) I'm not sure why she stayed, but I suspect she loved being around the children (she never had any) Then the house got too small for 5 growing girls and they sold it to me. They didn't mention a ghost, but with so many people in house, I'm not sure if they would have noticed one polite and lovely ghost.

I was aware of her alot when I first moved in and changed the garden, but as long as I don't let men sleep in her room, she's very quiet now. However, since the rugs still move, I assume she's still here.

I've a book called Ghost Lover coming out in December. That's a very different ghost. My real ghost would make a dull book.

Jessica E. Subject said...

Melissa - Wow! That would be earie, and perhaps comforting at the same time, depending on your relationship with her.

Diane - I don't think I would be able to sleep after that, either. We were told the ghost cat in the house belonged to one of my grandmother's relatives. And in this house, I see a cat, too. Though I think it's my childhood cat. Doesn't bother me at all.

Liza - Very interesting! But as long as she's friendly, right? I would be getting rid of that spirit, and quick if she wasn't so nice. A couple moved rugs isn't so bad.

Kim Hornsby said...

Great comments! And Liza, I must read your book. I love ghosts if they are 'true to life'. I'm a believer but have never seen one. Shortly after my mother died I asked her for a sign to help me make a decision and within the hour there was a blatant, couldn't ignore it sign. That led to the adoption of my daughter in Taiwan!
Love ghosts. I can't give away a secret but my novel touches on the supernatural.
And Jessica, I've got your book on my TBR pile!
Kim Hornsby

Jessica E. Subject said...

Hi Kim!

I've read one of Liza's books, and it was fabulous!

Always nice when a sign points you in the right direction. Thank you!