Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Groundhog Day… and the Super Bowl


 
Both have come and gone!

Please, please be right Punxsutawney Phil because I’ve had my fill of winter. Football, well I never got into it and, no, I do not watch the super bowl or any of the games leading to it. But who doesn’t know Matthew Terry by now or that a team with a coach named Harbaugh won or…wait, maybe that was lost!

I wanted the important information – what’s the name of the Clydesdale baby, and who was that man with the little lady. They stole my heart. After surfing the web for tidbits, I read in one article that only 43 of these horses are bred by Anheuser Busch every year. The Clydesdale ad showed a man with the horse from birth, raising him (time lapse of course!) to turning him over to be one of those that tow the iconic wagons. Note, the baby in the commercial was a girl but they only use males to do the heavy work. It was so beautifully done and was the winning Super Bowl ad. You can watch it here: http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2013/02/04/clydesdale-ad-wins-by-a-nose/1889979/

And, the little lady, her name is Hope.

Now, who was that guy?

Growl and roar-it’s okay to let the beast out.-J. Hali Steele

No comments: