Friday, January 4, 2013

New Year's in August

The new year is always the time I see people talking about what they're going to do for the year. For me, I do this around August. I set goals then for the following year and see how I did the goals I set the previous year.

I didn't write as much as I would have liked in 2012. But that's mostly due to dealing with an illness that took a large chunk of my time in the summer. It's not an excuse, it's simply a fact. Am I beating myself up because I didn't write as much? No. I wrote in the first place and that's what counts. I'm healthier because of that illness, and really, my health is way more important than writing. I mean, I need to be healthy in order to continue writing.

I foresee 2013 being a little chaotic. I have a book due next week, another due next month and another due in September. All full lengths. Which is one of the goals I set back in August. I wanted to get back into writing full-length novels again because I love writing them.



Available May 1, 2013 from Ellora's Cave
 Pre-order now:

The last thing Korene needs in her life is a former Master who abandoned her ten years ago. But when her employees are taken hostage on Mars, she’s forced to work with Roland whether she likes it or not. Sparks fly the moment the perfectly chiseled man saunters into her conference room; a sign their incredible chemistry is still just as potent.

Roland has a job to do, but he struggles with his unrelenting desire for the only woman he ever loved. Seeing the strong-willed Korene on her knees again is enough to shatter Roland’s willpower. And give him a raging hard-on.

Their distracting lust could flame out of control if they aren’t careful.


Sara Brookes is an award-winning author who has always been fascinated by the strange, the unusual, the twisted and the lost (tortured heroes are her personal favorite). She is an action movie junkie, addicted to coffee and has been known to stay up until the wee hours of the morning playing RPG video games. Despite all this, she is a romantic at heart and is always a sucker for an excellent love story. Born and bred in Virginia, Sara still lives there with her husband and daughter.

No comments: