Friday, November 2, 2012

Meet Adam From Enforcer's Redemption by Carrie Ann Ryan




Who am I supposed to be? You know me as Adam Jamenson from the Redwood Pack. You know me as the Enforcer, the man and wolf who’s duty it is to protect that Pack.
But do you really know me?
Damn, I sound so fucking emo right now I’m pissing myself off. Sorry about that. I’m better now that I have Bay. Believe me. But I wasn’t always this way. I went through twenty years of guilt, depression, and grief.
Twenty God damn years.
I’d fooled most of my family in thinking that I’d moved on. That I’d grown and been okay with the fact that I’d lost my mate, Anna.
I’d even learned not to flinch when others said her name. But inside, it was as if someone had stabbed me with a hot poker and twisted, the icy-hot pain shooting up my sides, bleeding into every inch of my body.
That’s how it was for twenty years.
Yet I’d fooled them all.
Then my brothers started to find their mates. I tried to be happy. I did. But watching them mess up and almost loose them, only to reclaim that love killed me. I couldn’t get Anna and our baby back from my mistake.
No, I’d lost them.
My child would have been twenty now.
And yet I never met her.
I’m better now. It still hurts, but I’m better. Bay is everything to me but I almost lost her as well because of my own insecurities. When you read our story, remember that I love her. Remember that I’m trying with each breathe I take and that she’s worth everything and more to me.
Remember that.

No comments: