Wednesday, November 14, 2012

I blame Thanksgiving!

It's been mentioned that I'm in the Christmas spirit a little too early this year...by my British friends on Facebook. This is true, I have been in the festive mood prematurely. And I've found this happy, seasonal feeling is sneaking upon me earlier and earlier each year I'm in the States. I've only just clicked why this is.
Thanksgiving!
The lead up to this holiday, and Black Friday, means Christmas is on my mind much earlier. Holiday shopping will be completed if not before then on Black Friday (around Thanksgiving for my non American Friends -- it's the day when all stores have door busters and supposed mega sales). And the decorations go up before November is finished because of this extra winter holiday we now partake in.

If that isn't enough to get me in the spirit sooner than usual, I've also got parcels coming in from family who, like myself, have sent out the presents early to beat the extra charges the post office like to slap on boxes with promises of delivering before the holiday.

It's no wonder my writing has slowed down considerably with all these holiday arrangements going on. I've even got to order our Christmas foods this week, to ensure our favorites from the UK will make it to our table on Christmas Day. Crazy!

It won't be long before I'm making a huge batch of Mince Pies! It isn't the holidays without these babies.

MINCE PIE RECIPE: http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/mincepies_73207
MINCE PIE FILLING IS AVAILABLE AT WORLD MARKET and AMAZON. It's a fruit blend, not meat - thought I should clear that up, just in case)

Also, I wonder if the fact that I have a holiday romance coming out in a few weeks has something to do with my extra early celebrations? Could be...


Coming November 30th 2012
HOT WINTER KISS, book 4
Hot winter kisses are all this couple needs to stay warm this Christmas, but will the heat stay long after the magical season of mistletoe has finished?


A small tease from Hot Winter Kiss
She scuttled in and sat near a window, her back to the ugly painting so she could admire a beautiful view instead, albeit it one covered in a blanket of brilliant white snow. Wind danced around the evergreens and whistled around the walls of her winter paradise. In the distance, a wee stone cottage sat by itself, a little boy building a snowman by the front door. Had it snowed like this back in London? Were her grandkids sledding through the estate and playing games? She’d have been black and blue from snowballs by now. She chuckled. Guess it’s not Christmas without some injury or other. A bruised ankle, I can deal with. But no more, you hear me, St Nick?


ALSO AVAILABLE from the bestselling Irish Kisses 1Night Stand series:
Sweet Irish Kiss, book 1
Shamrocked, book 2
Threesome Sweetness, book 3

Get exclusive sneak peeks at JoAnne Kenrick's new and upcoming releases by signing up to her quarterly newsletter here: http://tinyletter.com/joannekenrick 
Discover more about JoAnne's books here: www.joannekenrick.com

No comments: