Wednesday, July 18, 2012

TKO

I'm writing this post today with my feet propped up on the couch as I'm supposed to be relaxing/resting, taking medicine and eating...blander than bland food. See, yesterday I spend most of the day in the emergency room. Something has been bothering my digestion since Friday and I was starting to dehydrate (despite the fact I've been drinking water like mad as it's the only thing that hasn't upset my stomach). I've dehydrated before due to illness and let me say, it's not fun. Hence the trip to the ER.

Despite a whole bunch of tests the doctor couldn't come to any diagnosis other than "gastric distress". Which pretty much is a nice way of saying I have a fancy stomach issue happening. I was prescribed some medicine to help with my symptoms and told to take a few days off to just rest. 


Resting for me isn't something I do easily, especially because I have a book I'm writing that I want to work on. But I know my own limits. The only way I'm going to be able to get better is to rest and relax. Which translates to no writing. The plan for the next few days is to make a dent in my to-be-read pile. Here's hoping.



1 comment:

Rebecca Royce said...

Hope you feel better Sara!!