Saturday, July 21, 2012

Never a dull month! Contest and freebie with book deal!

Hallo, lads and lasses!

Well, for the third month in a row I've had a neat little thing planned, and it wound up getting pre-empted. Three times, in this case, with the final one putting this back from it's normal six AM slot to nine AM. Sorry about that!

By the way, for those of you who are only here looking for the contest or 'get freebie with book' deal mentioned, check the last two paragraphs of the post. But you might want to stick around, this month has been almost reality-TV exciting for me.

Anyhow, the first delay was not a bad one, but certainly ate up time. I was originally planning on taking a short vacation then spending the summer writing. When I was halfway to the car, my arms full of luggage, my wife ran out of the house with the phone saying 'it's someone from school!'. It turns out the folks they'd originally had tapped for the summer planning team couldn't make it, so they needed me to work for four weeks. Luckily, it wasn't until after the short trip was over, but it still was a bit of a derailment. On the funny side, once I got there, they redirected me to substitute for a summer school teacher for a while. So... I heard they like subbing, so I'm subbing while I sub for a sub.

Yeah, I spend way too much time on the internet. The second derailment was way scarier, but luckily turned out to be much bark, but no bite. Last Friday my father was rushed to the hospital with a one hundred three degree fever and a sixty over thirty blood pressure. As he put it later 'if you get to forty over whatever, they put you in a box'.

People wonder where I get my dark sense of humor from.

That was quite scary, but after forty eight hours in the ICU with antibiotics and anti-fungal agents being pumped into him, he was actually better than he has been in years. Apparently he'd been having a drug interaction for a while, and when he came in they stopped all his medications so they wouldn't interfere with treatment. Now he's off of all of them and he's feeling fine. I'm sure he'll have to go back on some of them at some point, but for now, he's golden. We even went to a baseball game last night. The Phillies lost, but we're both sanguine about that. As long as somebody hits the ball, we're cool with it.

The game wasn't the final delay. That turns out to be the never-to-be-cursed-enough computer virus that tagged my system last night when I was going to turn this post into reality. Instead of posting, I was running scan after scan, rooting out bad stuff after bad stuff, finally finding the last of it in the file I used to store this. Yeah, Murphy is a stone b****, and he has my phone number.

All thoughts of derailment and delay aside, I'm doing something I've intended for a while. I'm announcing a deal I've had in place, but haven't had a chance to advert much. Anyone who buys a copy of my full length novel What Not to Fear gets a free copy of the theme song to the book. Yes, What Not to Fear has a theme song, written by the ever wonderful Blue of Hello, the Future! All you need to do is shoot me an email letting me know you picked it up and I'll reply right back with the mp3!

Now, for the contest! I know some of you lovely lads and lasses are fans of my first book, Fae Eye for the Golem Guy. If you are, I'm sure you'll love the sequel to Fae Eye, What Not to Fear just as much. Tell me your favorite character from Fae Eye for the Golem Guy in the comments, and at the end of the month I'll put all the comments in a hat and send *two* of them free copies of What Not to Fear!

When not here at Parnormal Romantics, Robert can be found musing, ranting, and posting snippets of his new work at www.robertcroman.com. Come visit some time!

No comments: