Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Future is Here...

We're always wondering when the sci fi gadgets we grew up watching on TV will be dreamed into existence. Yet it boggles the mind when they actually appear on the market. Or it boggles my mind at least.

I saw this tidbit about Nokia yesterday and thought--wow.

Nokia Patents Haptic Tattoo Technology

Nokia has earned the patent for a bit of haptic technology which could be applied to the surface of your skin or inked on like a tattoo. The tech would sync your phone to your body so you'd "feel" every call.



You can find the rest of the article and information here.

I'll admit, it got me thinking. What technology have you seen on TV or in movies that you're anxious to get your hands on? I know it's frivolous, but I remember a scene from Total Recall where the receptionist is able to tint her fingernails with a tap of a stylus. Actually, thanks to the magic of Youtube, I can share that scene with those of you who haven't seen the movie.



How cool is that, right? Here's hoping it's on a scientist's wishlist too. ;)

No comments: