Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Kindlegraph

A few days ago, Moira Rogers tweeted about Kindlegraphs. I had no idea what that was, so I Googled it and found their website. (You can check them out here.)


It turns out, this particular service is new, but it's not an unfamiliar concept. I'm sure you've seen authors signing autographs on readers' Kindles in lieu of traditional pen to paperback. This idea is similar, but it's something you can do from home to interact with readers (or your favorite authors).


You can watch the video here, which explains the process. It's surprisingly simple.
How you do it:
For the author–Click “authors sign up” at the bottom of the page. Then enter your books’s Amazon ASIN #
For the reader–Click on the “request Kindlegraph” button. Then register your Kindle and sit back and wait.
What it does:
For the author–It allows you to connect with readers. You’re emailed a notification whenever someone requests your autograph.
For the reader–It allows you to connect with authors by getting a personalized message from your favorite authors.
It's a fast and painless way for readers and authors to interact. I highly recommend it. While there are a few issues (tiny signature is one of them), the designer said he's working to develop his product and hopes to have new features and updates implemented soon.
For authors, once you sign up, you're emailed a link to your author page. Your bookshelf will look something like this. (My book looks lonely there. LOL)
Oh, and this is what a Kindlegraph looks like on the reader's end.

Dawn, the beta reader who blogged about her Everlong/Evermine experience, was my first victim. You can barely see my signature, but the rest is bold and clear. It's got a lot of potential. I'll be keeping my eye on its development for sure.

2 comments:

Carrie Ann Ryan said...

Thanks for the info. I had read that when she tweeted but I was still a bit confused. If it works its a great concept and authors can even reach a bit farther to their readers!

Hailey Edwards said...

Agreed. It's far from perfect. I noticed right out of the gate there was no search feature, but when I uploaded my book, it was one of maybe two dozen. The feature wasn't needed. Since that tweet, the home page has blown up, and the developer has his hands full of romance authors. LOL