Friday, July 15, 2011

It's Friday...

The Lord of my manor
Happy Friday - or Furday as I like to call it.

You all know I love animals, and with cats topping that list, dogs run a close, close second. Then there are the snakes that hang on my screen door beneath the ceramic birds - pretty little things. Hey, I didn't kill them! All but one of my four cats are rescued ferals who love to hunt. By the time I see the snake, it's deader than a door nail and they are beautiful, so I dry them out and display their trophy. I can only hope my girls never come home with anything larger than 15 inches, and I sincerely wish they'd all be nonvenomous. Yes, the girls are truly better hunters. The best being Jewelly who has only one eye, a jewel-bright (hence, her name) yellow eye. She lays on the porch railing and catches birds in flight!!

I was a little concerned for my kitties last month when a fox trolled the neighborhood, but he/she has since moved on. What a weird bark-like sound it made in the wee hours of the morning.

If you're ever down under, look up the beauties below, and say hi for me. *smile*

Quoll

Frillnecked Lizard - it's got hands!

Bilby

Aptly named Thorny Devil

Growl and roar-it's okay to let the beast out.-© J. Hali Steele

1 comment:

Annie Nicholas said...

He truly does look like the lord of the manor.