Thursday, May 26, 2011

Living with Mermaids

Many of my summers were spent playing in the Atlantic Ocean. Well, most of them come to think of it. I live in a place pretty much surrounded by water. Ocean, bay, river and creek in fact. So mermaids and I aren't strangers. In fact, my hometown chose the mermaid as its mascot and back in 2004 asked artists to decorate, as they saw fit, the shape the city had chosen. Now, these stautes dot the entire city as landmarks. And there's quite a few. In fact, too many to list here. But, some of them are too pretty not to share and I picked five of my favorites to share with you today.

Enjoy!





2 comments:

Annie Nicholas said...

I love that first one!

Sara Brookes said...

The blue in that one is gorgeous. Kinda favor the last one. But probably cause it reminds me of my favorite - chocolate!