Thursday, May 19, 2011

I'm Begging You for Mercy

Mercy Thompson that is.


For those unfamiliar with Mercy, allow me to introduce you. She's is a garage mechanic who also just happens to be a coyote shifter. But don't worry urban fantasy fans, this series has it's fair share of other paranormal and fantasy creatures: vampires, fae, ghosts and, yes, werewolves. Oh my!

There's so much that's unique about this series that I love. It's not often that you find a lead female character that's a mechanic & owns her own garage. And in shelves crammed with what most of think as a shifter, werewolves, we get a coyote shifter.

Each book in the series just gets more lush and rich with Patrica Briggs' storytelling. And I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm throughly enamored with the complicated weaving of multiple subplots. Jealous even.

So if you're looking for some a little different, this is the series for you. I posted the cover of River Marked just 'cause I love the artwork, but if you decide to pick up the series, start with Moon Called.

2 comments:

Liia Ann White said...

I thank you, but my bank account doesn't. This sounds like a great series!

Annie Nicholas said...

I've had my eye on this series for awhile. I think it will occupy my summer. :)