Sunday, April 10, 2011


ALPHA WOLF
The Westervelt Wolves Book 5
Author: Rebecca Royce
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Publisher: Liquid Silver Books
ISBN: 978-1-59578-792-7
eBook: $5.75
Rating:


First let me say, I’ve enjoyed all of the Westervelt novels, but ALPHA WOLF stood out among the pack for me. And the reason for that, a werewolf named Michael. We’ve met him before in the Westervelt series, but woozers, he took center stage in this story and left me breathless.
He’s not only a strong, powerful werewolf, but he’s sweet and funny. I loved his interactions with his new mate Scarlett and his reactions to the wolf pack in New Orleans. While reading, I found myself smiling and laughing at his remarks and expressions. Don’t get me wrong, he’s a tough sexy beast too, and it was quite an experience to see him guiding the werewolves around him to act as werewolves should—a born leader that I swooned over.
Scarlett held her own in the story too. I connected with her immediately, felt her pain, and cheered with her while she came into her own and discovered happiness with Michael. There’s just something that tugs on the heart strings when you see a broken woman find her happily ever after. Sigh.
All in all, this story just worked. It’s emotional, the plot intrigued me the entire way through and I enjoyed every darn minute of it! I’ll be looking forward to next in the series and hope I don’t have to wait too long.
THE BLURB:
In search of his sister in New Orleans, Michael finds his mate instead. But Scarlett is broken, nearly destroyed. With doom around the corner, Michael Kane has no time to lose. If he can save his mate, perhaps there will be a chance for all of them. Or maybe it’s already too late.
Left with no other choice, Michael will have to teach the wolves in the New Orleans pack how real Alpha shifters behave, while showing his mate he is a man of his word.

2 comments:

Rebecca Royce said...

Thank you for this review Stacey. I loved writing Michael and Scarlett!!

Stacey Kennedy said...

Your welcome! Thanks for writing it so I could read it!! :D