Thursday, December 2, 2010

You Are What You Read

I've noticed a trend. Whatever genre I'm writing at the time--that's the genre I'm reading as well. Seems a little odd, I know. At least that's what my husband tells me LOL

I can't explain it. Honestly, not sure that I want to. It's just a little quirk that I have. One of many it seems. 

What about you authors: Do you read inside the genre you're writing? 

Readers: Do you find yourself immersed in one genre for a length of time, gobbling up everything you can find that suits your fancy then?

3 comments:

Annie Nicholas said...

I not only have to read in the same genre I'm writting but the same POV. If I'm writting 1st pov and reading 3rd then I get screwed up. I try not to read too much while I write because I find it bleeds into my own work and affects my voice. I usually read between MS.

Sara Brookes said...

Ah yes! Me too. I can't read a 1st POV and write in 3rd. Glad to know it's not just me!

Barbara Elsborg said...

I'm the opposite. I really don't want to read in the same genre I'm writing in. So when I'm deep in a WIP - I go for Regency Romances - because I don't write those!