Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Crazies

Around my house, there are two weeks that are known as hell week. The first of which is St Patrick's Day week. My daughter is an Irish dancer. So you can imagine what that means for that oh so famous day in March.

I'm smack dab in the middle of the second week as I type this. See, the parent association for the studio she attends holds a annual competition that allows dancers from all over to come compete. For most parents of the dance school, it means volunteering a few hours to help support and watching your kid dance. Notice I said *most*. My husband is the president of the parent society. Not only that, I help on the first day with awards and the second day with scoring. *cue Psycho shower music*

Tearing hair out in 3....2....1....

So, if you'll forgive me this week - no post about writing. Instead, enjoy the fruits of hard work and long hours of practice and commitment. The very thing that planted the seed in my daughter's brain to make her decide it was what she wanted to do.


1 comment:

Annie Nicholas said...

That was a fun watch. :)
Have written a story with this kind of dancing in it, yet?