Monday, August 16, 2010

Moon Day

Happy manic Moon Day. The origins of the Monday came from the Anglo-Saxon monandaeg, "the moon's day". This day was sacred to the goddess of the moon. I've always had an affinity with the great ball of cheese in the sky.

They say there are more hospital visits and babies born on full moons and I believe it. In high school I noticed my energy levels grew higher as we approached a full moon. Being born in July also makes me a Cancer, the crab, who is influenced by its planet the moon.

I love watching for it. In my living room window it rises so I don't need to leave the comfort of my home. But I don't howl at it and I don't get furry. I just think it's beautiful.

Odd how something that doesn't even know I exist can affect me so profoundly. We attach ourselves to objects and allow them to influence us like lucky objects, favorite cars, or cute shoes. What's got a hold on you?

2 comments:

Darla M Sands said...

I used to move in bed so that my face stayed in the moon beams. I'd wake up in all sorts of crazy positions. I failed to plan ahead with my current home, though. Heh... I sort of miss that oddity, though my partner probably would not agree. Cheers!

J Hali Steele said...

The change of seasons! Winter comes and I grow cold. Spring arrives and new energy sprouts from me like new foliage! Summer rolls around and I'm as happy and giddy as a teenager frolicking in the sun *grins*. Fall, I start wilting like a leaf. Hate to see leaves die and I don't give a damn how pretty they are--they're dying!! Okay, I'm done.