Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Sweet Taste of Success

No, I'm not talking about making piles of money or getting critical acclaim through reviews. I've not experienced either.

What I mean is I'm at a sweet spot in my writing, and one of my favorite times as a writer. Monday night, I finished the first draft of my dragon book and it came in at 91K. What's more, I don't hate it. It's one of the those scary good moments and I'm excited about it.

Why is this a good time? Because it means I'm in between projects, when I'm hovering on the edge of what to do now and new projects clamor for my attention.

I can't wait to see what my Muse decides for my to work on next.

So anyway, I'm off of new writing for a couple of days while I wrap up other projects I'm way behind on, like revising manuscripts and subbing them, making book videos, cleaning house LOL

Happy writing!

6 comments:

Rebecca Royce said...

Congratulations Sandi!!

Sandra Sookoo said...

Thanks!

Elisa Dane said...

Congratulations!!

Annie Nicholas said...

The smell of accomplishment is sweet. Bask in it.

J Hali Steele said...

Good for you! Enjoy the break...if I know you, it'll be short!

Sandra Sookoo said...

Thanks ladies :-) Got a whole lot done yesterday now the decks are clear for a new project :-)