Friday, February 5, 2010

It's Friday...

And there is a sweet surprise below (trust me!)

But first: I am not a technology wizard. Went out with a friend yesterday to see The Book of Eli which wasn't what I expected. Was he blind or what? I won't say anymore on that subject in case you havent' seen it yet.

Anyhoo...My sister used my computer! I know--why didn't I shut it down, lock it or something right? Because she has an account and would surely have used hers. Well, somehow she ended up using mine and everything I tried to enter for the last hour or so asked for a password and wouldn't accept mine...it continuously showed her email address and wanted her password.

After an hour of trying to figure it out, my weak little brain screamed the phrase that every computer geek in the world knows and spouts all too often "turn off the computer, reboot!"

So here I am. Didn't really have a whole lot to say, just wanted to post a link to a really good recipe I learned of at a blog that featured Mary Kennedy, author of Dead Air (Penguin, January 2010), for Killer Kahlua Brownies.

I don't bake at all but this looked so easy and so good--I got up at 5 this morning, and carefully following the directions, I whipped up a batch.

YUMMY!

So I hope Mary doesn't mind that I post the link to her recipe at Dying for Chocolate's blogspot for you all to see the whole story. I could have typed the recipe but I hope you go check the site out. As well this recipe, there is a lot of other chocolate delites to be found.

I promise you won't be disappointed.

And that's all she wrote folks!

Remember: Growl and roar-it's okay to let the beast out.-© J. Hali Steele

10 comments:

Sandra Sookoo said...

LOL Poor Joann. I'm actually, right now, baking my own chocolate sour cream brownies :-) Have to do something while it snows LOL

Have a great weekend!

Author GE Stills said...

So both of you talking about and even worse making brownies. Geez You're making my mouth water for them. I may have to try my hand at making them. Oh no look out Gary baking? Now if I make mine they will come straight from a box. lol Anyway I bet the ponytail that I am watching will like them no matter how bad they turn out. lol

J Hali Steele said...

Sandi, I bet yours will be delicious too! And, what is it with me and stupid computer issues, lmao.

Gary, they are worth every minute. I'm serious, I don't bake but dang, they came out perfect!

Sandy said...

Hmm Brownies! That's chocolate right? lol I better get busy.

Author GE Stills said...

The brownies are sinful-ly delicious and Miss ponytail didn't complain even once. Did someone metion sin. lol Sorry, my bad but that is what I write. Ok back to my writing with brownie in hand and my increasing waistline. lol

Sandra Sookoo said...

LOL Gary, my hubby came home after battling the traffic in the snow and downed three of them before even taking off his coat LOL

Annie Nicholas said...

AHHH! I'm on a D.I.E.T. Evil people.

Author GE Stills said...

You know what they say about food being a way to a man's heart Sandi. Ask anything of him and I am sure he will agree to it. lol

Sorry Annie. Is it too late to ask you not to read this blog post? lol

Mary Kennedy said...

Thanks so much for mentioning the Kahlua brownies,the 389th in Iraq loved them. Here's a little secret, if you don't have time to cook, you can buy a box of brownie mix (ghiradelli is good)...add walnuts, and substitute Kahlua for half the water called for on the back of the box. It works, honest! Thanks again, Mary Kennedy

J Hali Steele said...

Lol, yup Sandy, they're very chocolaty.

Sandi, David knows what's good!

Gary, you're sinful-ly bad!

Annie, these are worth forgetting the diet for one day!

Hi Mary, thanks for coming over and see Gary, you can use box! The 389th are very lucky to have you in their corner.