Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Why Do We Need Romance?

Sunday night the Saints won (Geaux Saints) and I finished my novel. All 90 thousand words of it. It’s the longest book I’ve written in two years. I was filled with elation. Huge elation, tremendous happiness and relief. Then Monday morning I started editing it.
Its not that the writing wasn’t good. It was. It was just that it wasn’t necessarily as I remembered it. Things I’d thought she’d said, she didn’t quite say, things I thought he did, he didn’t quite do.
So I’m still writing…a lot. And that’s why I don’t have much of a blog today.
I do, however, have a question and I know how you all love my questions.

Why do you read romance?
I read it for the Happy Ever After, even in the Paranormal.


Why do you read it?

5 comments:

MM said...

Hi Rebecca

I too, am in search of the Happy Ever After, when I read romance. But it's also the build up to that. The 'will they won't they' as they overcome the odds standing in the way of their love, especially when the dialogue is fantastic. This is what I want and love from romance, and what will keep me up at night to finish a great book.

Mel

J Hali Steele said...

The Happy Ever After...always.

J Hali Steele said...

OOPS! PS: GO SAINTS!!

Rebecca Royce said...

Thanks guys!!

Annie Nicholas said...

I don't know why I read them. lol BUT... if I don't get my HEA I get upset.