Friday, September 11, 2009

It's Friday!

And damn, I overslept. Woke up and proceeded to do some editing. Lo and Behold, I remembered I should be blogging!

Once again, I have nothing to say. Funny how I always have so many words to write (or type) for storylines, but when it comes to the blog...I'm out of words.
And today there is another thought on my mind - falling leaves.

It's been dreary weatherwise where I live in Pennsylvania. Rain, rain and more rain. I DO NOT like fall. I know the colors of the trees as they turn are amazing to some. And there is always a riot of mums to rival a rainbow, they pop up all over the place. (I'm going to steal my neighbors and trash them!) Not my favorite flower.
I'm a spring baby and don't even care for those months because of the chill in the air - but I love spring flowers. Tulips, daffodils and hyacinths. They come in every color too.


Summer is gone and I need to accept that. Pull out the sweatshirts and sweaters. Turn the heat on. I hope there are a few more warm days left. Indian Summer would be nice right about now. Anyway until then, pictures are like a thousand words, so here are some that I thought were appropriate - if you like the time of year that signifies things are dying.
It's always struck me as kind of wierd that trees could be so beautiful before they turn brown and their leaves flutter lifelessly to the ground beneath their limbs. Perhaps it's their last burst of glory for the year that makes them so bright and cheerful looking. For me it says COLD is coming! Nothing more.

Just threw this one in because this is where I'd like to be. Now that's HOT.

And are you ready for this?
Somehow, I do not think it is fitting to growl and roar today, so until next Friday...

6 comments:

Rebecca Royce said...

Great blog J. Tomorrow we will growl and roar~

J Hali Steele said...

Thanks, Rebecca. I always have a tough time of it this time of year. It'll get better now that I turned the heat on, found a sweatshirt and put some socks on! lmao

Sandra Sookoo said...

Oh, J, shame on you! I LOVE FALL! It's my favorite. Crisp air. Smoky fires. And the food! Oh Lord. You come to Indiana and see the fall I see and you'll like it too. I write better in the fall (I'm allergic to corn silk so that's not fun in the harvest) but still. i hate winter (the driving in the snow thing) and really don't like summer (burn just by opening window blinds and wilt in the heat) but fall.

Yum.

Do I have to write a story with fall as the backdrop? Oh wait. It's already on tap :-)

LM Spangler said...

Fall is my favorite season! I love all the fall colors, the warmth they represent. Spring has to be a close second because all my irises bloom in a rainbow of colors (fave flower).

Great post, J.

Liena~

Heather B. said...

I love the pix. I am a photographer and nature is my favorite thing to photograph.

Spring and Fall are my favorite seasons. I like the cool weathr and hate being extremely hot.

Kathye Quick said...

Beautiful photos.

I love winter. I know, I know, I'm crazy, but I love to use the snowblower on new fallen snow and see this crips line it makes.

Of course, I also like to angle the chute so it goes all over my son who is opening up the driveway after the snowplow plowed me in.