Friday, July 17, 2009

ARE YOU KIND?

J. Hali's away. Today's guest bloggers are Jag Arizon and Leron Wilder.

“Hello. My name is Jag.”
“Dude! Why you talking like that?”
“Shut up, Leron. J. Hali asked me to do this. I brought you along for moral support. Don’t give me no shit.” He shook his head. “I knew I should have asked my lady to come with me.”
“You sound like a freaking robot. That’s all I’m saying.”
“Can you do better?” Jag was pissed.
“Yeah, here you go: What’s up people? Glad you stopped by. See, something natural like that.”
“Oh, right, that was so much better.”
“Hey, Jag, can I tell them about my book – HOT TIN ROOF?
“That’d be great, man. They know about me and Barbara from WITH EXTRA CREAM already. Go ahead. Cripes, what the hell, Leron…why’d you change to your beast?”
Because I can. I like this freedom. How long is J. gone for?
“Who knows. S he’s usually around. What if she doesn’t come back?”
What if she doesn’t? Hell, if she comes back she might want to be writing about Trent or something else totally. She’s always going on about those freaked out angels.
“Hey, did you lose words in the edit thingy?” Jag asked.
Leron nodded his large feline head and changed back to his vampyre form. “Yup. Not too bad though.”
“Damn, man. Cover your ass. What if someone walks in?” Jag’s brows raised and he peered at the mirrored glass around the small room.
“Who’s coming in here? It’s hardly big enough for us.”
Jag relaxed a little. “Tell us about your story.”
The smile that covered Leron’s face was pitiful. Jag laughed long and hard at his friend.
“She’s hot, Jag. Everything I want in a mate is wrapped up in that one gorgeous bundle. She’s tall as hell, too. I like that. What if she doesn’t want me?” Leron’s eyes bugged open. “Hell and damnation, I just thought about that.”
“I don’t know if the people care how she looks, dude.”
“Screw ‘em then. I’m not telling them anything if that’s the case.”
Jag’s clothes disappeared, a growl to wake the devil erupted from deep in his chest and thundered through the tiny interview space. Fur traveled up his naked torso, Rosette-spotted hair raced up his arms. Claws protruded from large paws that slammed to the floor and shook the room.
Talk or I’ll bite your ass off.
“Christ, you’re serious?”
Yeah. I promised J. I’d do this for her. I’m gonna do it right.
“Okay already. Let me see…how about I do one of those blurb things she’s always writing?”
That’ll work.
“Okay, here people, a blurb from HOT TIN ROOF coming August 28th from Changeling Press. And you’ll be sorry you didn’t let me describe my babe. She’s hot –
Shut up and post the blurb. Damn, Trent wouldn’t have been this bad.

BLURB
Leron Wilder felt like a cat on a hot tin roof.

Nothing had gone right since his best friend had mated. Not something he looked forward to. Leron loved his freedom. But his life was out of sync. He’d been stuck training a new cat who was a badass wannabe. He’d only stopped by the Coffee Swirl to catch up with his ex partner but the minute he licked the new waitress, his life went to hell.

Corinne Nelson was on the run. She found a quiet little town to settle in, had a new job and her life was looking up. It was all going swell until the hottest man she’d ever seen licked her hand. Maybe jail wouldn’t be that bad after all…

Jag had resumed his human-like appearance. “Sounds cool.”
“Yeah, she did one of those video trailers and if you folks want to see, here’s where you can find it. Hey, I’ll put yours here too, Jag.”
“Thanks.”

HOT TIN ROOF - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P91i2wsr_R8
WITH EXTRA CREAM - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA6oixiq8xQ

“Hah, now they’ll have to see Cory anyway.”
“Jeez, it’s not like she’s as good looking as Barb.”
“Huh?”
“You heard me.”

All hell broke loose. An unearthly sound traveled the halls of the small studio as the jaguars clashed together in battle. The room’s walls vibrated. A crashing sound was followed by explosive pops and smoke as electrical equipment tumbled from the racks.

Unbeknownst to the male combatants, two women watched from the other side of the glass.
“Should we break it up?”
Barbara smiled at Cory. “Let them fight it out. We get to fawn all over them afterwards.”

Remember: Growl and roar-it’s okay to let the beast out.- J. Hali Steele

5 comments:

Rebecca Royce said...

LMAO. I love this incredible post Joann. Bravo to all three of you.

Annie Nicholas said...

I was wondering who the guests were going to be. LOL. Fantastic post.

J Hali Steele said...

Wonderful that these guys could step in at such short notice huh?! ROFLMAO

Chiron said...

Great post, J!! *laughs* Those rascals. Amazing what they can do when they're uncaged.

Loved, loved, loved this!

--Chiron O'Keefe
The Write Soul: www.chironokeefe.blogspot.com

Rae Lori said...

LOL I love it!