Monday, June 29, 2009

Happy Manic Monday. We’ll start the week with a few announcements. I will be interviewing RF Long next week about her new release Soul Fire due out 7/7/09.

The free read poll results are in. Looks like I’ll be writing a steamy, romantic adventure between a werewolf hero and a mermaid heroine. There was a tie between mermaid and vampire but I took the liberty to break it since the vamp/were love thing has been done many times.

A large pot of virtual coffee is brewing due to a long sleepless weekend. Not for any of the good reasons a dirty mind can visualize but for overtime at my day job. I ran across this joke a few weeks ago and it came to mind while burning the midnight oil. I wanted to share with it you so the week can start with a laugh.

Three men were hiking through a forest when they came upon a large raging, violent river.

Needing to get to the other side, the first man prayed:'God, please give me the strength to cross the river.
'Poof! . . . God gave him big arms and strong legs and he was able to swim across in about 2 hours, having almost drowned twice.

After witnessing that, the second man prayed: 'God, please give meStrength and the tools to cross the river
'Poof! . . . God gave him a rowboat and strong arms and strong legs and he was able to row across in about an hour after almost capsizing once.

Seeing what happened to the first two men, the third man prayed:'God, Please give me the strength, the tools and the intelligence to cross the River
'Poof! . . . He was turned into a woman.She checked the map, hiked one Hundred yards up the stream and walked across the bridge.

This summarizes my weekend. How was yours?

5 comments:

Rebecca Royce said...

Hi Annie, So sorry your day job ran over and I can't wait to see your free read.
Best
Rebecca

J Hali Steele said...

Your joke gave me my first real good laugh of the day.

Boy do you have your work cut out for you. A werewolf and a mermaid! Erotically, I can see this, Annie. Can't wait to read it.

Sandra Sookoo said...

Might be a position issue if those two will get together in the sack, her being a fish and all LOL Good luck!

Annie Nicholas said...

I think I'll be going the "Splash" route and allow her legs on land. LOL Though a shower love scene could be funny.

Rae Lori said...

A werewolf and a mermaid should be pretty interesting! Have fun writing it, Annie! :-D